Join us for our second Women&&Code Hackathon at TUtheSky, a wonderful location with an amazing view. Hang out with great women all day and build fun projects!
Please register through meetup.com:
* We gladly and humbly accept the registration fee of 9€ as donation to our non-profit cause <3 – You will be fed all day and there will also be a super nice Goodie Bag!
At the end of our fruitful semester we want to celebrate – and how better do that than with a HACKATHON? :)
A hackathon is a full-day event where people – in our case women*, create their own projects in small groups during the course of a day.
Hint: These projects can be used by YOU as portfolio projects if you’re looking for a job or internship!
You don’t necessarily need to have programming experience to participate – you can also participate in a project as creator, UX/UI/graphic designer, copywriter, creative, organizer, analyst, mentor, project manager, social media strategiest and the like.
The event will be held in English.
Please BYON – bring your own notebook! :)
Our last hackathon:
TUtheSky @ TU Wien
BA building, 11th floor. Getreidemarkt 9, 1060 Wien
- 8:30 Doors open && Breakfast
- 9:30 Welcome / Pitching projects / Building teams
- 10:00 Creating projects aka HACKING
- 12:30 Lunch Break
- 13:00 Further HACKING
- 15:30 Cake Break
- 16:00 Finalizing projects aka HACKING
- 18:00 Presentations & Winner Announcements
- 19:00 Networking & Women && Code AND FRIENDS Party (till 22:00, please register separately!)
- Free Track by Women && Code:
Funny small web development projects lead by Nana and Eva – basic programming skills advantageous but not required
- Augmented Reality Track by Facebook:
Create Augmented Reality experiences (lead by Kira and Monika) – no previous knowledge required
- Design the new online store by REWE:
Design and prototype the new online shopping experience – no previous knowledge required
- Tickets for one event of the Business Riot Series / 4h Women And Code Intensive Course
- and many more!
Sponsors and Partners
Hackathon – Step-by-step guide
We are really happy that you’ve decided to participate in our hackathon! Here we’ve prepared some useful information for you.
The purpose of the hackathon is not to build a huge project but rather everyone in the team contribute to a prototype, an idea, a representation of a product. We will give you a couple of project ideas and each team choses something to work on.
Everyone will have something amazing to contribute and we’re looking forward to seeing your project presented at the end of the hackathon!
Let’s hack it! :)
1. Find your team
First step we need to decide on topics and to find a team for you. Don´t be intimidated if you know no one, we will help you find a nice team.
2. Find your project
Your project can be anything, a website, an app, a chatbot, an IOT project, everything you can think of. The track leads and mentors will help you come up with ideas.
3. Demo your project
Demo of your project! Please no slides – most of us see enough PowerPoint in their jobs – just explain what you have done and your key insights/learnings from your experience.
HAPPY HACKING! ;)
You must be logged in to post a comment.