Please register through meetup.com:
!! REGISTER HERE !!
* The reservation fee of 9€ will be transferred back on showup – or you can donate it <3
At the end of our fruitful semester we want to celebrate – and how to better do that than with a HACKATHON? :)
A hackathon is a full-day event where people – in our case women*, sorry boys ;) – create their own projects in small groups during the course of a day.
Hint: These projects can be used by YOU as portfolio projects if you’re looking for a job!
You don’t necessarily need to have programming experience to participate – you can also participate in a project as creator, UX/UI/graphic designer, copywriter, creative, organizer, analyst, mentor, and the like.
The event will be held in English.
Please bring your own notebook!
TUtheSky @ TU Wien
BA building, 11th floor. Getreidemarkt 9, 1060 Wien
- 9:00 Breakfast
- 9:30 Hello / Pitching projects / Building teams
- 10:00 Creating projects aka HACKING
- 12:30 Lunch Break
- 13:00 Further HACKING
- 15:30 Cake Break
- 16:00 Finalizing projects aka HACKING
- 18:00 Presentations & Winner Announcements
- 19:00 Networking & Women && Code AND FRIENDS Party (till 22:00, please register separately)
- Free Track by Women && Code:
Funny small web development projects lead by Nana and Eva
- Augmented Reality Track by Facebook Developer Circles:
Create your own AR effect with AR Studio with Natalie and Kira
- IT Security Track by SBA Research:
Introduction into Internet Security with Johanna
- Natural Language Processing Track by Catalysts:
Create your own chatbot with Pia and Katrin
- Tickets for one event of the Business Riot Series / 4h Women And Code Intensive Course
- Oculus Go
- Google Home
- Android SmartWatch
- Raspberry Pi
- and many more!
Sponsors and Partners
Hackathon – Step-by-step guide
We are really happy that you’ve decided to participate in our hackathon! Here we’ve prepared some useful information for you.
The purpose of the hackathon is not to build a huge project but rather everyone in the team contribute to a prototype, an idea, a representation of a product. We will give you a couple of project ideas and each team choses something to work on.
Everyone will have something amazing to contribute and we’re looking forward to seeing your project presented at the end of the hackathon!
Let’s hack it! :)
1. Find your team
First step we need to decide on topics and to find a team for you.
2. Find your project
Depending on your level and interest we’ve prepared some ideas for creating a project TBA… It could be for instance a web site, an app, a chatbot or an IOT project.
3. Demo your project
Demo of your project! Please no slides, just explain what have you done and your key insights/learnings from your experience.
HAPPY HACKING! ;)